- Electricity for South Burloo Estate is sourced from 100% renewable energy via Country Energy CountrygreenŽ scheme.
- Chemical usage kept to a minimum: in 2006 the only fungicide used was wettable sulphur (organic), and the only herbicides used were Basta (organic) and RoundUp.
- No insecticides ever used.
- Fertiliser used: Soluble urea through drip-lines and Viticulture Plus through foliar spray.
- All vine pruning, training and picking done by hand.
- Guinea fowl bred in the vineyard to help control pests.
- Some winters, lambs are placed in the vineyard to graze on weeds.
- Winery water is recycled up to three times and used on the garden. Future plan is to use the recycled water to irrigate a citrus orchard.
- Winery air conditioning is evaporative, and the extracted water is recycled.
- Grape stems and skins used as mulch or cattle feed.